Magento undoubtedly is a feature rich open source platform, Due to an unprecedented control and flexibility, merchants get huge benefits in customizing the functionalities and content.
Additionally, it does offer features to personalize the stores, offer catalog-management tools, allowing for seamless marketing campaigns, and does optimize the store from an SEO perspective.
However, it is not easy to use this powerful platform, just like one click installation and go, letting Magento ecommerce agency deliver smooth eCommerce development services.
A common problem occurring for magento developer during the use of Magento is an admin panel that is extremely slow. So, how to leverage the potential of Magento to the maximum?
1. Make use of a server which is Magento optimized
Running Magento on a generic server can result in performance issues as a result of slow page loading time. Magento requires that you have a database server and two web nodes configured properly.
Ensure that you optimize and configure this setup backed by enhanced caching capabilities. Make use of Varnish and Nginx as software accelerators, so that data processing capacity speedens up with more than 4 lac orders and 350+ million catalog views.
2. Extensions should be used to as minimal extent possible
There are a host of extensions present in Magento. However, every new extension makes it difficult to load, update, and maintain the store, making it a lot heavier. Keep the number of extensions to least, and trade-off things by adding functionality manually, not to mention increasing speed.
‘Use default features as alternatives to add extensions, while editing the template files wherever possible.
3. Cache needs to be enabled through an Admin Panel
When the cache is enables, the system can recall the previously accessed items, rather than going for reinvention every single time.
For this, you need to go to System >> Cache Managament, enabling all types of cache. To do this, tick Configurations, Translations Options, Block HTML, and Layouts.
Additionally, untick web services configuration, collections data, EAV types, and attributes.
4. Have a memory based file system used for directory of Magento variables
For using caching and session storage, in order to use Magento based file storage. Hard drive slows things down.
Tmpfs system helps in storing temporary files in memory instead of hard drive.
5. Enable the data to be re-indexed
Primary purpose of indexing is to fetching requested data after searching the same.
To enhance the performance, you need to regularly index Magento data. For this, go to System >> Index Management >> Re index Data.
This in turn results in reduced number of Magento site requests on server. As a result, there is a drastic increase in speed.
Summing up our thoughts
There are few other ways by which you can optimize Magento eCommerce site speed such as:
- Combining CSS files by going to System >> Configuration >> Developer >> CSS Settings >> Merge CSS Files >> “Yes”.
- Enabling compilation by going to System >> Tools >> Compilation >> “Run Compilation Process”
- Turning off the logs by going to System >> Configuration >> Developer >> Log Settings.
- Make use of a minimalist theme by incorporating least number of elements.
Hello @ Elsner Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Elsner Technology introduces their enthusiastic and responsive developers who promise to give high caliber and financially productive Web development, Design & Digital marketing solutions for customers over the globe. Very much updated with all the most recent innovations and market movements, our group of devoted developers are prepared thoroughly to convey bespoke, practical and superior solution for your business.Get Free Quote
- Make Online Grocery Store To Grow Your Grocery Business Quickly
- 7 Reasons Why Should Adopt Android Over IOS
- Magento 2 vs BigCommerce – A Comparative Study Between Ecommerce Platforms
- WordPress Version 4.7.1 – Key Features and Updates You Must Know
- Speed up Magento ecommerce Store by optimizing Admin/Backend